astra dti injector seals or something simple

i have an Astra 2.0 cdti that one day decided not to start after much cranking if started this went on for two days so i decided to get some professional help first garage its your glow plugs mate defoe $80 ill sort it second garage its your injector seals mate =A3250 ill sort it this went on 6 different garages 2 say glow plugs 4 say injector seals prices range from =A380 ------=A3300 for repair i then

decided to go on line to see if i could find a decent garage at a decent price and found some similar problems to mine in the Google chat rooms one bit of advice given to someone was to check the fuel return pipe as if its damaged air gets into your system and fuel returns to your tank and much cranking is needed to refill the system with fuel this i tried and low and behold i had a worn return pipe. well hidden as it is, it was quite easy to remove and replace. the total cost off my repair =A34.49p.my question is why oh why cant i get a garage to tell me the problem and say ill fix it for =A320 they all seem to be out to rip people off at the first opportunity

any how if any one has the same problem with their diesel engine i suggest you research first it could save you a packet . for myself I'm

done with back street garages. and thanks for the good advise whoever you are.=20

Reply =BB

Reply to
rafa

i have an Astra 2.0 cdti that one day decided not to start after much cranking if started this went on for two days so i decided to get some professional help first garage its your glow plugs mate defoe $80 ill sort it second garage its your injector seals mate £250 ill sort it this went on 6 different garages 2 say glow plugs 4 say injector seals prices range from £80 ------£300 for repair i then

decided to go on line to see if i could find a decent garage at a decent price and found some similar problems to mine in the Google chat rooms one bit of advice given to someone was to check the fuel return pipe as if its damaged air gets into your system and fuel returns to your tank and much cranking is needed to refill the system with fuel this i tried and low and behold i had a worn return pipe. well hidden as it is, it was quite easy to remove and replace. the total cost off my repair £4.49p.my question is why oh why cant i get a garage to tell me the problem and say ill fix it for £20 they all seem to be out to rip people off at the first opportunity

any how if any one has the same problem with their diesel engine i suggest you research first it could save you a packet . for myself I'm

done with back street garages. and thanks for the good advise whoever you are.

Reply »

As Mr Cheerful said in reply to my query here on Monday re a GM diesel in a Saab spill pipes are the first thing to check as they always go on these engines. My local (back street) garage and the main dealer parts department both said spill pipes most likely.

However in my case spill pipes were fine had already been replaced as were glow plugs. Don't think injectors either as problem only appears on very cold mornings. Now having battery and starter checked

I suppose it depends who you ask

Tony

Reply to
TMC