Astra front suspension noise part 2

Well - got car back now from body repairs and have checked front pads for wear (gge says noise going over bumps from front-end is pads 95% worn)

Pads have about 7mm lining, full thickness of pad is 13mm, with the ramps on the ends of the linings clearly visible - so I guess I have been misinformed. (he said through gritted teeth) ...

Which according to my past experience leaves about 4 - 5 mm of lining left before I start to think about replacing the pads

But I can't remember how much lining you get on new pads - is it a) 8mm of lining, overall pad thickness about 13mm (i.e. about 6mm of usable lining), or b) about 12mm of lining, overall pad thickness 17 - 18mm (i.e. about 10mm of usable lining)

Just to get my facts right in future conversations with the garage, and of course to predict the mileage ....

(2002 Astra Estate 1.6 8v)

Reply to
R. Murphy