Astra headlight condensation

Hello,

I have noticed some condensation in my left headlighton a 2001 vauxhall astra.

Is this serious?

Can it be easily fixed, or does it mean a major new part.

Plus will it fail an MOT

Thanks in advance

Reply to
john Smith

Usually it is easy enough to remove the headlamp bulb and fitting and use a hair-dryer to dry the condensation out.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

*They all do that, Sir*
Reply to
LiviLion

I had this problem with my Astra in 2000 when I had it. It required a new headlamp unit under warranty. I faintly recall finding some info about faulting sealing or something on a batch of headlamp units.

Gary.

Reply to
Gary McClean

It might ultimately need a new headlight.

Try running with the lights on for a bit, this may solve the issue. Otherwise if you have the space, drop some desiccant (new suitcases, so on and so forth) inside the lights, this will solve the problem. :)

Reply to
DervMan