Astra Indicators - Stopped Self Cancelling

The indicators on my 6 year old Astra stopped self cancelling last week, although the indicators themselves still work fine. Is this a sign of imminent failure, and is it easy to cure?

Thanks Steven Thompson

Reply to
Steven Thompson

The message from "Steven Thompson" contains these words:

It's usually the little nubbin in the switch which catches on the pip on the wheel getting stuck. You can take it apart and fettle it - or replace the switch.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or cancel your own indicators...

The self-cancelling on the XM indicators drove me round the twist when I first got it - I wasn't used to having the bloody car decide when I don't want them on any more.

Reply to
Adrian