Astra radiator cooling fan problem

Hi, the radiator cooling fan on my 1996 astra doesn't come on anymore. I reckon it must be the fan motor or the sensor in the radiator (fuse is ok). Whats the best way to find which is faulty? Could i unplug the wiring from the sensor and put a wire across the terminals - should this make the fan come on? Any advice appreaciated.

Reply to
Rob

Yes. Spot on. But you may need to do it with the ignition on, I'm not sure in the case of the Astra.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat