Astra Rear Screen Heater Switch

Hi all

I have a 96 Astra 1.4 Montana , when I first got the car there was no lights on the heater controls or the rear screen heater switch. I have had a look and managed to find and replace the two lamps the do the heater control switch illumination, but I cannot find the one that does the rear screen heater. Any know where the lamp is on these switches or did Vauxhall fit a switch with no lamp on these economy models.

Thanks

***
Reply to
Paul

I have had a problem with my astra heater blower and when I took the switich out there was no bulb. I also have a cheap corsa and ther eisnt one on that so I dont think there is one. In the Haynes manual it states "The buld can be accessed if ther is one" So I dont reckon there is one on your car

Reply to
sgtbash

I made a mistake mate as I took my switch out today. If you look inside the hole left by heater switch near the top on the right you can see a bulb. It is very difficult to see though.It is a pull out bulb. Mine needs changing

Reply to
sgtbash

Thanks for added info, can I ask you to confirm that what you where looking at was not one of the two graphic illumination lamps they are on each side of the heater switch. Did you actually remove the switch to see the lamp ore just remove the knob.

Thanks

***
Reply to
Paul

I pulled out the switch not just the knob and it has f**ked mine up completely. The bacvk where the blades go in has come away from the housing so I am now in shit street hope you have better luck

Reply to
sgtbash