Astra tailgate microswitch

can any one help, i've just taken off the tailgate panel to work on the rear wiper motor, but on removing the panel I've found a wire with a microswitch hanging down. its a yellow cable (or screen) and a clip, loose, was behind panel too. I've looked all over but can't see where it was fitted!! it must either detect the deadlock position or the boot lock position but cannot find a place to clip it back. Has anyone got any ideas, or a picture? i have a haynes book, but cannot find any mention of it???

Reply to
Beanie

you say u r going to work on wiper motor, its not the park position switch?

otherwise I think it could be the boot closed switch, mapped to a light on dash showing if boot is open.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

THat's usually self contained in the motor.

Reply to
Conor

hi, i've been backed and checked, it looks like neither of the suggestions listed, its a small lever type burgess microswitch, and it is retained somewhere within the tailgate panel as both were loose as i removed the panel. They have either been off for some time, or i dislodged them as i took panel off. I have no lights on the dash for this, i'll have to see in the morning if one has appeared.,

so still lost!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Beanie