astra wiper problem

Hi

I have a 1998 Vauxhall Astra 1.8 Sport. Recently the wipers have started behaving a bit erratically. When I switch them off, sometimes they return to the correct home position, but a lot of the time they stop a few inches short of the correct position. A lot of the time when they do go back to the correct position, they "think" about stopping short, then kind of "jerk" into the correct position. I don't know much about cars, so can anyone tell me what the problem is - motor, relay, ...? If anyone can explain how the whole mechanism works, that would be a great help too.

Thanks Keith

Reply to
keith

Park switch inside the wiper motor.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

Sometimes fixable (often for years at a go) by taking the motor's gearbox apart and fettling it. Failing that, replace.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks very much for the replies. Greatly appreciated.

Reply to
keith