Astra Y reg. estate, boot unlocking problem.

A friend of mine has a problem with the unlocking of his boot. We had a look at it today and what happens is this:- When he uses the remote button all the door locks lock and the boot too, when he tries to unlock, all the doors unlock, but the boot does not. It is possible to unlock the boot with the key but it is difficult and when looking at what happens the actuator always operates OK but although the plastic assembly behind the boot key turns a bit, this motion is not being sent to release the catch for the boot. It is hard to see how it is supposed to operate as it is a plastic cylinder affair with a lot of little bits that might or might not be worn or broken.

What is this bit called and is it possible to mend it if we take it out to try and see what is wrong? Does anyone know the part number of the bit concerned and how much it might cost? (It might be a common fault and have a well known fix.)

Any information welcome. Thanks a lot.

Regards George.

Reply to
George