Audi A3 1.8 20v cambelt repl interval?

Can anyone please tell me the replacement interval for a 2000 A3 1.8 (20v) Sport? Picked one up for my son on sat, with ~80000 miles on it and one owner from new. Although it's got loads of history to ~65k, there is no record at all that the cambelt/waterpump etc has been replaced. How much is the work likely to cost at an independent? Thanks. JB

Reply to
JB

74,000 miles:

Autodata gives 2.2 hours labour; rates vary wildly across the country so you'll need to ask.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

74,000 miles:

Autodata gives 2.2 hours labour; rates vary wildly across the country so you'll need to ask.

Many thanks. JB

Reply to
JB