Audi A3 2000 1.8L: Relay location?

I'm trying to find the location of the bank of relays on this car. I know where the fuses are but can't find the relays. Not up near the firewall like I expected. A quick browse says driver's footwell but can seem to see anything obvious without some wriggling under there with a torch tonight. The electric windows and the central locking pump seem to have no power feed at all, yet the fuses are ok. Any clues would be really handy. Thanks. JB

Reply to
JB

the windows do not appear to have a relay, just fuse, sw. and motors. central locking looks to be just electric with no pump. two fuse/relay plates under the dash, one or two under the bonnet, none list the ones you ask about.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If the manual says drivers footwell , look under the passenger footwell , many of these manuals for cars are universal and they often don't identify wether its a right hand or left hand drive any more

Reply to
steve robinson

the windows do not appear to have a relay, just fuse, sw. and motors. central locking looks to be just electric with no pump. two fuse/relay plates under the dash, one or two under the bonnet, none list the ones you ask about.

The CL is definitely a pump with blue/yellow pipes not wires. I got it separately from the car! The dealer who removed it said it was dead (known weak point) and was trying to source another. Will check the feed to the window switches again. Thanks for the help. JB

Reply to
JB

If the manual says drivers footwell , look under the passenger footwell , many of these manuals for cars are universal and they often don't identify wether its a right hand or left hand drive any more

Good point! Thanks. JB

Reply to
JB

I see it now, the control module has the pump built in, it also seems to have feeds out to the electric windows so that would explain your dual problems.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I see it now, the control module has the pump built in, it also seems to have feeds out to the electric windows so that would explain your dual problems.

This is exactly my problem. CL + windows inoperative. I wish I still had ElsaWin so I could see the circuit diagram. The actual pump on the module runs fine. That is the usual failure mechanism [impellor failure] for these according to the various forums. If I can confirm a voltage feed, I may get a s/h control module and see if I can recode to the car it using VAG-COM, or rob the radio PCB off the module and fit that in the replacement......what a pain in the arse! Thanks again. JB

Reply to
JB