Audi a4 1997 tdi total power loss

Whilst accelerating in 5th gear from 50 to 70mph I hit a total flat spot and putting my foot down actually slowed the car down, now it drives like a tractor. The turbo is still whistling smoothly so I dont think its a mechanicaly blown turbo, although thats what it feels like.

Any ideas MAF?

Reply to
Richard

blocked injectors.....

Reply to
Lez Pawl

how do i clear them?

Reply to
Richard

Blow high pressure diesel through them :-) Vag-Com is your friend.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

ok....How?? (this ought to be good)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Disconnect the MAF. If performance is now improved at least somewhat, change it.

Check for a split boost pipe non the less though.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Is that the short thin rubber black pipe thats covered in a nylon braid?

Reply to
Richard

It ran perfectly well when cold this morning, a mile down the road however and it was back to a tractor.

Reply to
Richard