Auto Transmission Problem

I have a 1 yr old Mitsi Space Saver (Dutch designed and built) with 6,500 km on the clock. It has had a problem with the auto transmission for several months which has not been fixed by the dealer. When I go through 1st to second gear the motor revs (revs go from 3500 to 4200) between gears.. The change seems slow and is not synchronised with the throttle. This only happens for the first change after the car has been standing for several hours e.g in the morning after standing all night. It does not happen after it is warmed-up. (This is why the dealer couldn't find anything as the car was warmed up).

Anyone got any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
Lindsay Williams

Sounds like something sticking when its cold. I would be inclined to flush out the oil and fill with new oil, hoping that that would cure it. Otherwise it is something more complicated like the valve/ball in the internal channels is faulty. The car must be under manufaturer warranty tho. Give it to them to keep overnight to test when it is cold. You don't want to let this drag on, autoboxes are expensive to replace.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

It's probably not a problem but a feature. My auto BMW holds 1st & 2nd to 2750 & 3000 rpm from cold - basically the first time up through the box - to warm up the cat/gearbox oil. I don't know what you mean by the gearchanges are "slow" but on mine the gears hold on like grim death until it hits the right revs.

Reply to
Scott M