Automatic gearbox

Hi. My daughter has an old Espace with an automatic gearbox. She was driving along when it just stopped going forward, no big bangs or crunches. Could this be anything simple, as the cost of a new gearbox is out of the question. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Roy

It *could* be a lot of simple things. Did she run out of petrol?

Reply to
Mark W

It's a Renault automatic.

It's unlikely to be either cheap, or simple, to fix.

Reply to
SteveH

It depends how old an Espace, you might get a 2nd hand one cheap. (Well you can definitely get one cheaply compared with Renault, compared to the value of the Espace is another question) Or it might just be the torque converter.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

might seem obvious but have you checked the gearbox oil, wether it has any.

Reply to
reg

rbox. She was

=EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDThanks in advance.

Iknow this is not my post but could anyone tell me how to locate the fill point for the gearbox oil I found the stearing fluid bottle fill, is it the same or is it some where else under the bonnet, i just can't find it. HEEEELP. Vinnie

Reply to
SHAKYS-BUDDY

Many autos these days don't have dipsticks or an easy method of topping up. There will be a fill plug somewhere but it might well be difficult to get at.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

the bimmer i HAD (sold it 20 min ago) had no dip stick, the stealer had to read the temp/volume to work out the amount

Reply to
Jules