ax gti remote keyfob

does anybody know how to re programme the remote keyfob for my citroe

ax gti to the car,the previous owner lost the remote keyfob for the ca so i got a second hand one from e bay as citroen dealers charge £40 fo them and the same again to re programme it to your car... but th citroen dealer did tell me that a second hand fob from the scrap yar or e bay could be reprogrammed with the right no how can anybody hel me its the infra red type with the reciever in the top next to the ma reading light... any help would be very much appreciated...

-- siskorhodes

Reply to
siskorhodes

I don't know if AXs use the same system as BXs, but IIRC 'programming' the infra red key to the car involved looking at a series of contacts on a PCB behind a panel above the rear view mirror. Somewhere in the key was a similar series of contacts which you either left dry or soldered up.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Cheers for the information! You dont know were i can get the info on programming them by an chance

-- siskorhodes

Reply to
siskorhodes

That's what you were just told... You have to physically look at the contacts on the PCB (printed circuit board) and match this pattern within the mini-PCB within the key.

Reply to
David R

Douglas Payne ( snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Same on CXs and 405s of that era - if this is the remote that's separate to the key itself, then that's the way to do it.

From my own CX experience, though, it's damn near as quick to just use the key - and you can use the key stood further away from the car...

Reply to
Adrian

Are you psychic or summat? This was going to be a question I wanted to ask in a week or so :->

The door locks themselves don't seem to accept the key in my case, so I'm left using the plip to open the car. As I only have one, getting hold of more would be handy....

Cheers!

Reply to
James Dore

James Dore ( snipped-for-privacy@new.ox.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

While we're on that subject, the outside air temp sensor's under the front bumper, and the digital displays on the dash always do that because the bosses holding the two halves of the casing together break off so they don't clamp the LCDs properly.

Oh, and, yes, the plastic trim on the boot lower edge and sills IS hiding rot.

If it won't play when the engine's hot, it's the sensors if the tacho needle doesn't move and the coils if it does.

Reply to
Adrian

i know thats what the guy sais but i have both the pcb reciever and th remote pcb here in front of me and none of the contacts look simila nevermind be able to match them... meant more in depth info such as description of the pcb and where thes bits were that could be left dry or soldered up..

-- siskorhodes

Reply to
siskorhodes

Hmm, your second sentence really casts doubt on your first.

Reply to
David Taylor