Batteries

Favoured purveyor of new car batteries? Cheap is good. In East Kent or online is good too.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Halford batteries have never failed me and have a good guarentee.

Reply to
Joseph Craine

bosch from costco. 5 year guarantee

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Your local main dealership is often cheaper than you think for genuine parts that are guaranteed. If you want to revitalise an old one, mix epsom salts with distilled water and inject in to each cell. Charge with a standard charger and not a smart charger, discharge it and charge again. Your battery will soon be back to life. I have done it loads of times to a battery I bought in Halfords in 1992! It still works and is often used to start cars with flat batteries!

Reply to
IanT

Ta both.

Unbelievably a chap just knocked on the door, after seeing the battery on charge, and asked if I wanted the (new) battery out of his car, an identical model, which is being scrapped tomorrow as somebody drove into the back of it!

How often does *that* happen??

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Wow thats a stroke of luck I've never been that lucky!!

I'd take it and offer him a few notes for it in kindness as his generosity is a rare thing in this selfish world.

Proof there are still good folks out there. I was starting to wonder.

Reply to
Joseph Craine

I didn't know that, very interesting and worth trying, especially as I'll be replacing it soon anyway so I can play. I've got a gallon or two of acid in one of the sheds too...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

As you do :)

Reply to
Joseph Craine

I'd be more worried if he had a roll of carpet and some quick lime!

Reply to
Chris Dugan

It slightly drops your batterys internal resistance. But you then lose some capacity & it doesn't really make very much difference.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

... Well f*ck my old boots, he didn't turn up! What was that all about then? I've heard of practical jokes but that's just wierd.

Luckily the battery seems to have benefited from having a drop of water in it (ahem) and appears to have recovered well.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

If you still need one, I've just had excellent service from this company and their prices seem competitive enough, oh and they were very helpful over a small query. No connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap