Battery charger

Been on the hunt for a decent battery charger and saw this one :

Is it any good ?

Reply to
James

Ticks all the right boxes for me, and not a bad price, but I know nothing about that particular model as far as quality is concerned. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Seems good to me too but I was a bit bugged that it says "Suitable for up to

1800cc engine size" which I'm not sure how specific this rule is if I get a bigger engined car in the future. Never bought a car battery charger before always had a jump lead and a friendly neighbour :)
Reply to
James

It's a silly description. A larger battery will just take longer to charge fully - that's all.

Lidl occasionally have a super little SMPS charger for just over a tenner

- sold elsewhere for over three times that. It goes to a maintenance charge after fully charging the battery so very useful for a laid up car etc. Small enough to fit in the pocket but just as powerful (5 amps genuine) as much larger models.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have a google for SIP chargers. I got one from 'world of power' I think. SIP also make other high power devices like arc welding sets, and I am very impressed with mine. It has an accurate amp meter and can output a measured 8amps. It is a

3 stage charger too I th> Been on the hunt for a decent battery charger and saw this one : >
Reply to
mr p

Autoexpress did a test recently - available on their web site. Top charger was a halfords one which I got and am very happy with.

Reply to
TTT

I'll have a search for that, thanks.

Reply to