Battery charging question.

If a fully charged battery is connected in parallel to a flat battery for some time, would the charge of both batteries more or less balance up if left for long enough. Ie, a half charge in each? I'm thinking of it as a method of keeping a battery charged to keep all the settings etc, without disconnecting it, while a car is garaged with no access to a mains outlet. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

To some extent yes, but it will depend on the condition of the batteries. If one is in poor condition, it will drag the other one down.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks. If it works, I think you could assume both batteries would be in good condition. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G