Battery for CLK 200

hi

the battery on my '97 CLK 200 finally died (or at least I think it is!)

surprised to see the battery fitted on it is an 100Ah battery - god its heavy!

will this be the normal fitment for the car? tried looking for the same battery at motor factors and even main dealers locally - none have it in stock.

i was offered an 88Ah battery which i was told will have no adverse effect on the functioning of the car.

any advise guys?

cheers

Reply to
Avi

Provided the replacement can supply the current needed by the starter, a smaller one will be ok apart from the obvious one of reduced storage capacity.

But make sure any non standard replacement can be adequately secured.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The starting currents what really makes the difference. If it fits mechanically then it's probably fine, IIRC they come with Bosch silver 600

044 076
Reply to
DuncanWood

Which means a type 85 with at least 760A starting current should fit & work. Or you could just buy the Bosch :-)

Reply to
DuncanWood