Battery started via leads then

I'm trying to charge the battery with the engine idling in p reg rover 214. When I try to give it a few more revs to speed up the process the revs stay up...gave the gas pedal a touch and it zoomed over

3000 and stayed there. That can't be normal?

Does something need looking at?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

if the battery has been completely flat then the car may need to re-learn its settings, it will only do this once it has been fully hot and driven for a while, so I wouldn't touch anything yet.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thaks. Sorry for late response.

Arthur