Bendix/Clio adjusters

Anyone any idea where I can get a pair of Bendix self adjusters for a 94 Clio's rear brakes? They're the cast metal screw-jack sort.

The set fitted to the wife's car have fallen apart terminally, broken leaf-springs, missing teeth off the wheel etc. They're an utterly crap design[1] to start with but I really think I ought to have some!

Renault parts are so outrageously expensive I thought I'd start by looking elsewhere.

[1] Three out of the four cars I've taken apart that should have had them had had them disabled either by wear or removal of important bits, so I don't appear to be alone in detesting them.
Reply to
Guy King

Can't help specifically, but I have rarely seen any auto brake adjuster which works after a couple of years.

I suppose places like GSF wouldn't stock them, or A.R.E. (now Euro Car Parts).

Reply to
Brian
[...]

Must have been lucky with my eight year old Focus then. Oh, and my five year old Escort...

Or did you mean specifically French cars?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The message from "Brian" contains these words:

Correct - places like GSF don't stock them!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Chris Whelan contains these words:

Oh, well if you will have nearly new cars you can expect things to be in better condition.

Reply to
Guy King

Try these guys:

service and always send the correct parts too! Not sure if they do the bits you're after though.Worth a call. JB

Reply to
JB

The message from "JB" contains these words:

Not listed - they were the first place I tried. As you say, may be worth a call though.

Reply to
Guy King

:-)

Chris