Beringo Electrical Weirdness

In the process of trying to fix my windscreen washers I noticed something today that I was not aware of.

The windscreen wipers (and presumably other ancillary items) only work when the engine is actually running, in other words if I just turn the key to the ignition 'on' position nothing works, if I turn further and start the engine all is OK. However if I switch off and back on again the wipers stay stopped.

Is this normal Berlingo behavior? because there is some device that 'knows' when the engine is actually running.

Ian

Reply to
Ian P

I suspect that your key switch is faulty and not making the correct contacts when it should do so.

No Berlingo I have ever driven (4 of them) has electrics that work in the way you describe.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth