Best car breakers north london?

Underside rust has got the better of my trusty Micra, though the engine has only done 49000, so I have to scrap. Which car breakers in North London gives the best deal/price for scrap? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Is the rust really un-disguiseable? It's amazing what can be achieved with a good wire brushing followed by the skilful application of virtual metal (or body filler as it's more popularly known), followed by a generous coating of Underseal. My sculpting skills must have saved me thousands in welding costs over the years, but if you've let the car get to that state then you're probably not inclined to take such redemptive action.

The word to look for is 'Salvage'. Don't take it to a pure breaker's yard, namely a place that lets the public pull off all the good bits before selling the reminder to a salvage outfit, they pay far less.

You're welcome in advance.

Reply to
Arty Effem