Bleeding brakes

Hi there

Is there any particular wheel order that one should follow when bleeding a brake system. Should one start closest to the master cylinder then progress further away... or the other way around?

thanx

Reply to
buttle

Other way round.

Reply to
Conor

Furthest first

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Ok, so why?

Reply to
adder1969

Stunning.... thanx all... for your speedy advice! very grateful

Peter Butler / Kommetjie, South Africa

Reply to
buttle

The message from "buttle" contains these words:

Oh - you're from south of the equator - it'll be the other way round, of course, to account for the Coriolis force.

Reply to
Guy King

Good question. I think it's something to do with the likelihood of air bubbles passing into a long run or a short run. But I haven't been able to fathom the logic. I just know that that's what's recommended.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

LOL.

Actually it doesn't make any real difference which way round you bleed it, simply that doing the longest first gets rid of most old fluid/ air at the first bleed and fills most of the system with clean fluid.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat