Bloody Focus - another update

50 miles into a round trip to Dunstable today to get some bits for the workshop and the engine warning light (code 9318 low battery voltage) went out by itself. Perhaps as well as the battery being recharged it also needed a bit of a run to sort itself out. Thanks to everyone who proffered advice though.

I actually suspect it's not really an engine warning light at all but an 'if you're only going to use me for 200 miles in 4 months why not just buy a bloody bicycle' warning light.

Oh, and the little silicone sealant drip ledge modification round the drain holes in the pollen filter cover has worked too. The carpets have now dried out again and it's almost stopped steaming up inside. I'm close to starting to actually like the car again :)

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

In article , Dave Baker writes

Now you've said that, it'll shit all over you again :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

see, we told you it wasn't all that bad :)

Reply to
dojj

Dave Baker (Pumaracing(NoEmails)@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Had you cleared the code after reading it? AIUI, the codes often stay in memory for a certain period of time or number of starts after the fault has cleared.

Reply to
Adrian

I never found out how to clear the code or even if it needed clearing. Some people thought the light would go out when the fault was cured and others thought it would stay on until the code was cleared. I've decided to conclude that there never was a fault and it just fancied a run out and was sulking until then. I think this a mature and sensible approach to take to engine warning light problems which can otherwise cause one unecessary stress and I shall endeavour to ignore any that illuminate my life in future.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

if it's like most systems, it'll be retained in the memory until you plug a fault code reader into the diagnostic port it'll then tell you what the fault was, even though you have rectified it since

Reply to
dojj