BMW

According to 'er indoors, our 328i 'just died' while she was driving it twice yesterday - the first time it just got sluggish, then stopped. It started again first time.

The second time she floored it when it started to die (since she was in the middle of a very nasty roundabout) and it picked up and ran fine again.

I'm going to have a nose round it later on, but I thought I'd pester here for ideas first.

It had the longest heaviest loaded trip it's done for ages on Tuesday (300 mile round trip, four up, really hot day, free running motorways) but didn't show any signs of trouble then.

I believe it has individual coil packs, so one of those going would just cause a misfire, I think.

Maybe muck in the fuel filter?

Reply to
PCPaul

Yes, i'd go with fuel probs..