BMW 316i Compact - brake problem

Hello I don't know if this is the right forum to ask for help. Please pardon me if it is the wrong place.

I just bought a 1997 BMW compact 316i. The car is very good, however whenever I brake, especially from a higher speed, there is a virbration. Hence I got the wheels balanced and aligned and also got the rear tyres changed. I also got the front brakes checked and they were OK.

Also the brakes seems mushy and there is a hiss whenever I press the brake as though there is air somewhere. Could this be the cause of the vibration?

I would appreciate any clues in the matter.

Thanks a lot

Reply to
bluerpk

if the disks aren't warped, it could be control arm bushings or worn tierods....

Reply to
john