BMW 320D 2001 electrical fault

same car, indicators flash rapidly as if a bulb is out, when brake pedal is applied and realeased lights revert to normal flash rate, must be to do with brake light going on load.

Heres the crazy bit, put on the side lights and the offside front does not come on but the indicator illuminates and does not flash, the rear indicator is not illuminated, all tail lights normal. My dashboard is indicating a bulb failure offside front.

Reply to
Ricardo

At a guess I'd say an earth fault in one (or more) of the lamp clusters.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

By an earth fault what do you mean the whole encasements now seam to be plastic, where is the negative/earth for these lamps tied down.

Reply to
Ricardo

The bulbs still have a common ground though, so if the wire/crimp/connector to that starts to fail it behaves like a classic earth fault.

Reply to
Duncan Wood