BMW 325i bottom suspension joints

Being a shade lazy here because I could always go and ask a man who does, but....

Anybody have a rough idea how much it would cost to have both bottom suspension joints replaced on a BMW 325i? (I haven't used the services of a garage in decades and haven't the faintest idea of labour costs).

Much prefer to do my own work but having replaced both balls joints on a

318i I know they are a pig to press out and back in. If the price was anywhere approaching the £300 cost of the Axminster 20 ton hydraulic press I might just treat myself to one. Appreciate it won't be an frequently used tool but it would always be there if needed by me or any friends.
Reply to
Periproct

Which 325i? & much though I like axminster you can buy the same press fo= r =

=A3150 on Ebay.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Check the prices of the arms complete. It's often not worth the bother of replacing just the ball joint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a 1995 one. When I looked on Ebay before I wasn't confident about the quality but I'll check again.

Reply to
Periproct

That's something I hadn't thought about. I'll definitely look into that although it won't give me the excuse to buy a new toy.

Reply to
Periproct

I love new toys, but something that size would need to have frequent use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're all a bit of a muchness, but I'd far rather have the cheaper one= & =

the air hydraulic pump than the backup from Axminster. nless you're payi= ng =

SPX prices they all seem to be very similarly machined.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I've got away with the ten tonne bench mounted one so far, which packs down quite small.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks to both of you for your advice. £51 a side for the whole suspension arm from Euro Car Parts so I don't think I can justify buying the press. GSF seem to have two prices of £48:80 and £86:40.

Reply to
Periproct