BMW diagnostics

Hi

BMW 318i, 1992

The idle on the above has become really ropey recently to the extent that I stalled it today when pulling away from stationary.

Firsly, does anybody know how much info a diagnostics test would tell me as a BMW dealer told me that due to the age of the car their diagnostics wouldn't give enough info.

Secondly, and this is being really lazy cos I do have a manual, are the air flow meter and idle sensor built into the same unit? Europarts website seems to point to the same item when searching for either. Would kill two birds with one stone if I could get both for £87.

I have already done a full service including distributor cap, plug leads and injectors as well as all the usual bits.

Regards, Nigel

Reply to
Dartos