BMW e30 central locking goosed

I have a 320i touring with no central locking. I have changed the big relay down in the footwell, but no joy.

What is the checklist for checking central locking electrics. Besides the fuse what other relays are there or other points of failure?

cheers

VZ

Reply to
Vasili.Zaitsev1943

I would expect it runs a normal electronic system where the driver's lock controls all the others? This is normally termed the "master" motor, and if it's not sending a signal to the control relay, none of the other actuators will actuate.

Reply to
Doki

First does it work from the key or not just from the remote? You don't say which model but some should work from either front door and the tailgate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

It's an '89 320i touring.

Anyway, fixed now - inadvertently. I was fiddling with the socket that connected the door loom on the A frame. Got frustrated at not being able to get the rubber back on, gave up, went to lock doors and hey presto! :-) Must be a bit corroded or a poor conn of some sort. Working now but needs cleaning up

Reply to
Vasili.Zaitsev1943