BMW E34 Thrust arms.

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced set of thrust arms for a 1991 525? Or even just the bushes? I know somewhere I can get them pressed in/out.

If you want to know what they are, there's a piccy at the top of this page:

Conor

gsf have them at about thirty quid a side I believe:

check your exact model though

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The problem is the name - thrust arm is a US term.

Can't see the part in question as that site won't load fully on my browser.

Eurocarparts do some of the bushes, or the complete assemblies. They get called control arms here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What part name did you stick in the search field?

Reply to
Conor

Got it sorted - upper control arm. Downloaded the catalogue. BMW want £79+vat a side for the whole arm with the bushes which only works out slightly more dearer than getting them from motorfactors and then having to pay to get bushes pressed in/out.

Looks like the garage that WAS going to do the job was well overcharging so I'll do it myself. THey wanted £380+Vat for doing both sides!!!! Its only a flaming balljoint and a big nut and bolt to undo. Hour a side at worst.

Reply to
Conor

Forget it, sorted.

Reply to
Conor

Is it just the bushes gone on your upper track control arms, or is it the balljoints also? I've got to do mine next week as the bushes are shot, and although I can't find any play in the balljoints I may well buy the genuine BMW (Lemforder) arms as they have preinstalled bushes as you said; the Eurocarparts ones don't.

JB

Reply to
JB

Done some hunting around and by the time you've bought the arms and bushes then paid to get them pressed in you're not far off BMWs prices and TBH I'd put more faith in the BMW bushes lasting any length of time than a Eurocarparts one.

Reply to
Conor