BMW E39 heater bleed

Anyone got an early E39 528 with the residual heat function know where the heater bleed screw is? The TIS shows it as beneath the left side cabin filter housing, but the pic is of a LHD model and mines seems totally different. I've fitted a new rad and bled out the air in the normal way, but the heater is much slower to get working than before - even although the temp gauge is showing normal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Found it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

FWIW, I was idly flipping through the E39 Haynes manual in the library the other month and came across the residual heat gadget. I had this vague memory of it being advertised in the late 90s but have never come across any references to it. Searching online later I found that very few cars ever had it and they withdrew it before the facelift. Required a completely different body shell to have it fitted.

Anyhoo, and you may already know, according to Mr Haynes it needs to be presurised to bleed/fill it properly.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M