Brake Calipers - New Bolts?

Changing the brake pads on the Citroen C3 today. Haynes tells me the guide bolts holding the calipers in place must be replaced and there were new bolts with the pads. But why?

They looked like ordinary bolts so why couldn't they be reused? The only think I could think of was the bit of "blue" on the thread which looked like fresh thread-lock.

What do the experts out there reckon?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Threadlock, and the fact that if they're anything like the bolts I took out of my brakes, they're stuffed by the time you've got em out.

Reply to
Doki

Threadlock. Trying to get mechanics to use the right amount is way more grief than just supplying 10p worth of bolts.

Reply to
Duncan Wood