Brake discs

Just noticed on my Laguna that the near-side rear pads have worn down to nothing, resulting in scratching the disc. The car's only 2 years old, and having done mainly motorway miles, the discs (other than the scratched one) still seem to be in pretty good nick.

Needless to say I'll be replacing both sets of rear pads, but my question is will I have to replace both rear discs or can I get away with just replacing the scratched one, bearing in mind that the other disc seems to be OK? Does the rule of always replacing axle-pairs apply to discs as well as pads, regardless of wear?

Many thanks in advance!

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

Depends if you can buy them singly - most disks are sold as pairs. More importantly, you want to look at why its worn the pads down - rear brakes should last a loooooong time. You probably have a sticking caliper to deal with too.

Reply to
Scott M

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Most garages would advise changing both - but I think a two year old disc would be OK as long as it dosen't appear discolour or damaged.

Bill

Reply to
Bill