Brake lining glue

The lining on one of my brake shoes has come off. Anyone know what glue they use to stick them on with and where I can get some? I see that someone uses Araldite or some other epoxy resin glue. This may be OK but how heat resistant is it?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

your best bet would be to replace the shoes on both sides of the car, i very much doubt if you could cleanup and glue them back upto the legal spec. allso if it comes off again, but next time locking up a wheel thus causing an accident, andthe police finds out that you had glued it, then you would be looking at a court case.

Reply to
banjo

I've heard of some skinflint bollocks in my time but this takes the biscuit.

Does your wife know how low you regard her and your kids safety?

Reply to
Conor

Absolutely! If it's heat resistance you are after then you use JB Weld ;)

Bugger that - he may be driving behind me one day!

Reply to
Richard Parkin

Come on, come on! They were glued on in the first place. There's no need for this high horse stuff. I want safety but I'm only trying to replace what was there already.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

Difference is they were done using proper stuff and proper machinery to hold them in place.

At £15-£30 for a new set, it's not worth bothering with.

Reply to
Conor

The shoes are obviously s**te quality to start with if a lining has come off! Replace whole axle set with decent ones. Jesus, and I thought I was a pikey.

JB

Reply to
JB

They were glued on with a specifically developed product, pressed in place with HUGE amounts of force evenly spread in a process that was tested, double tested and tested again to meet safety standards. Now imagine how upset you'd be if you crashed your car and you found out that some muppet at the factory was glueing the linings back on with araldite so as not to waste them....

If you still cant see this is a safety critical issue I cant see any reason not to leave you to it and eliminate your kind from the gene pool! Use silicone sealant in fact!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I'll bet he's from Yorkshire.

Reply to
gazzafield

Fine, try your local truck brake reliners. You'lll find you need a bit more than a tube of glue though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Jimmy

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

vbg!

JB

Reply to
JB

As long as you change the letter i to a letter a

Reply to
Jimmy

LOL

Reply to
Coyoteboy

And dont expect it to be ascheap as new shoes!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

My first reaction was "another troll". Couldn't believe anyone could be such a chav-based banana brain!

-- bucket

Reply to
bucket

All truck brakes I've seen are still rivetted on.

Reply to
moray

I don't get it...Pritt Stack...oh no that i, the other one ;-)

Reply to
moray

Since they came apart, they obviously weren't!

Reply to
Hooch

Theres always some failures even within standards-tested things! :) This tends to happen when people drive through large puddles and dont dry the brakes off well afterwards - must damage the bond.

Reply to
Coyoteboy