brake pad life data in uk

Can any body help me to give the brake pad life genarally get on SUVs.

Reply to
Potasium

Not long.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Depends entirely on how and where you drive.

Reply to
Conor

Last for ever if you don't touch the brake pedal

Life gets shorter the more you do

Rears last longer than fronts due to balance of braking system

Tony

Reply to
TMC

On my volvos the rears lasted the same as the fronts, but the pads were significantly smaller.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Odd - I'm convinced touching the brake pedal has prolonged my life a few times.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

My brother, IIRC, has had 1 set of front pads and one set of rears (due to a leaky rear cyl) in 3 years of 12-18K miles a year (gen3 toyota hilux surf), our landcruiser ('96) has had one change in 5 years (8K miles a year). Not bad IMO, neither driven meekly. My Celica goes through a set every 12 months however...

Reply to
Coyoteboy