brake problem on mondeo tdi 2001

Mondeo 2001 tdi I have a problem with the brakes on my mondeo tdi. I have had a problem with the handbrake which was fixed. After this I had a problem with the abs coming on during light braking and one minute the brake pedal being soft and having to pump the brake pedal to bring it back to the top. I have had the master cylinder changed and this helped for a bit but its now making a grinding noise when i turn sharp left or right and the brakes are back to the same as before i had the master cylinder changed. The car has new disks and pads on all corners only 9 months ago and has already gone through one set of rear pads. Ive been told that the brake pedal on a diesel car sinks more than on a petrol due to the servo pump but the brakes are so random I can never trust them. The abs light also comes on sometimes but then goes out when the car is restarted again.

Reply to
bob