Bump on roof

I discovered to my dismay that my car has a shallow 'bump' on the roof, like a football may have landed there at some point. The bump is completely even with no edges or creases. It looks like it could just be pulled out with no necessary surface treatment. But is the such a tool for the job? Or does such a service exist?

I tried banging with my fist on the ceiling from inside the car, but the roof is much stronger than I imagined.

Reply to
johannes

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I don't know about here in the UK, but in the US, you could buy a sucker thing that grabbed the metal like an octopus tentacle and then pulled the dip back out to normal. There were also ones that required a hole to be drilled first. You could try with a hammer and block of wood. But if not, then a visit to a competent panel beater would be the best chance.

Where I lived near Detroit, the local workshop had such a guy on retainer, he was just a 'phone call away.

Search for "Dent Puller".

Reply to
Davey

Leave well alone get experts to sought it

Reply to
steve robinson

Plunger or similar, you mean!

I successfully pulled a similar kind of dent out of a hire car (in the tailgate - seems Puntos are made out of tin foil) using my satnav screen mount sucker.

It's worth a try.

Reply to
SteveH

If you bugger a tailgate they can be filled and resprayed even unbolted and replaced , filling roof panels is rarely successful, your better letting the experts do it

Reply to
steve robinson

His car is worth abotu 50p, though.

Reply to
SteveH

In that case sell the car with its own roof pond

Reply to
steve robinson

Unless you're happy to try a sucker specially made for the job, get Dent De vils to do it. They will charge £90 inc VAT, probably.

Reply to
cryptogram

Adrian Caspersz