bumper damage

I have an escort finesse 98 . Someone kindly backed into me & drove away before I returned to my car. It is a colour coded bumber & although it is only dented about the size of a large hand, it looks a mess due to the white material visible through the coloured bumber. I went to my local car shop & they had a bumper repair kit for a ridiculous price. Assuming I can get a can of matching paint , what is my cheapest option to fill the small dent before spraying ?

Reply to
shelly

How much was the repair kit, a price considered unreasonable?

Reply to
Lin Chung

Isopon do a new version of filler formulated to fill plastic bumpers. It's called Bumper Fill. Sold by Halfords amongst others. I have seen dents in some plastic bumpers pulled out using a hot air gun carefully to soften the plastic.

Reply to
Brian

It's an Escort. The cheapest option is to go to the scrapyard, get a bumper of a matching colour and replace it. I imagine a brand new pattern bumper and painting it would come to less than £80...

Reply to
Doki

I found a brand new one for my son's, after an accident, brand new, £60. It was already primed, so colour-code painting took the total price to £100.

A scrapyard for a second-hand one is the cheapest option, but you're still going to have to paint it, unless you have a very common colour.

Reply to
David R

It's a Ford, they're all common colours :).

To the OP: You might be able to polish the white out...

Reply to
Doki