C5-s2000p code

Hi Further to my earlier posting I took the c5 to citroen to have it diagnosed. The diagnostic results show s2000p code. The garage told us this is an intermittent fault to the exhaust air injection. They said it would require further investigation and would possibly need another 2 hours on the test equipment at a cost of £162.15 to verify this. What damage if any would be done to carry on driving or what can be done to rectify the fault. The warning light is no longer on. Regards Pete

Reply to
petetop

Try running it on good fuel, it may cure it. Certainly worth a couple of tankfulls. If the light is off it is pretty safe for now

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Take it to another garage - they haven't got a clue. This is what differentiates a REAL mechanic who can fix a car from someone that can plug a computer in and look up a code. It will not take 2 hours to fix. Does he mean it is something to do with an exhaust gas recirculation valve? Or does he mean that the Mass Air Flow Meter is knackered? The error code doesn't always indicate which part is broken, it gives an idea of which area to look at - but you do need to know how an engine works. Go to an independant garage.

Reply to
Ian