Cam belt change costs

Hi all, Just been quoted £170 - £190 for cam belt change on a 2.0 zetek Mondeo. Anyone know if this is a fair price? TIA Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

More details needed. If that is with the genuine belt and tensioner kit then it is too cheap. If it is just a pattern belt only it is too dear.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

At =A3170, it's not far off. Missus paid =A3150 for a cambelt change=20 including the pulley kit at a garage that charges =A340/hr labour.

DO NOT GET IT DONE WITHOUT THE PULLEY KIT.

--=20 Conor

As a Brit I'd like to thank the Americans for their help in the war=20 against terror because if they'd not funded the IRA for 30 years, we=20 wouldn't know how to deal with terrorists.

Reply to
Conor

It isn't. Wife got hers done for =A3150 with genuine kit.

--=20 Conor

As a Brit I'd like to thank the Americans for their help in the war=20 against terror because if they'd not funded the IRA for 30 years, we=20 wouldn't know how to deal with terrorists.

Reply to
Conor

It's full kit, but don't know if Ford or pattern.

Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

And get the garage to check:

camshaft oil seal for signs of perishing or oil leaks, replace if necessary Crankshaft oil seal for signs of perishing or oil leaks, replace if necessary Water pump shaft seal for signs of perishing or leaking, replace if necessary.

Everytime I have the cam belt replaced, I have the tensioner pulley and the idler pulley replaced as well

Stephen

At £170, it's not far off. Missus paid £150 for a cambelt change including the pulley kit at a garage that charges £40/hr labour.

DO NOT GET IT DONE WITHOUT THE PULLEY KIT.

Reply to
Mallory