Car advice please

Ok, currently running a 2004 Ford Fusion semi-auto (not my first choice, but it had 24k on the clock when i bought it two years ago from my uncle

- it now has 47k on it).

I'm finding that I need something considerably bigger due to my daughter and granddaughter moving back in with me.

I'll be a bit sorry to see the Fusion go, but needs must.

I'm looking for something Vectra/Mondeo sized, not too fussed whether petrol or diesel.

What would the panel suggest? Vectra, Mondeo, 407 or something completely different. Reasons for rejecting a set vehicle would be welcome and interesting.

Budget is around £1000 plus my car (whatever that is worth - dealers seem to be offering around £1200 at the moment depending on what I'm looking at)

I'm in Rotherham if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Richard Colton

Was doing that for the wife recently. Saw a Vauxhall Meriva (2011 8000 miles for £3045. She dismissed it out of hand as too big and decided she was not in any hurry to change. Therefore haven't looked at other cars. In my view the Meriva is probably worth considering.

Reply to
Old Codger

Tell them to buy there own car ;)

Reply to
steve robinson

I'm on my second Astra estate as the family "stuff carrier". Roof rails mean you can get a lot on the roof with a couple of roof bars. Current one is a diesel on 03 plate, a reasonable one should be in your budget. Last model before common rail diesel (you can have big bills for injectors with common rail), 600 miles on a tank. Boring but comfortable, quiet, and reliable. But will probably go back to petrol for the next one.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks for the comments.

Reply to