car battery has run flat

Left the interior light on in my car and battery is flat. I know someone with a diesel van is it worth getting jump started with that or is it best to get a new battery? How long should I connect it to the van for?

Reply to
neutron

connect it to the van for a couple of minutes. then with the van running start your vehicle. then once started take off the jump leads and tack your vehicle for a half hour run. should do the trick.

Reply to
aussie bongo

Great - thanks for the help!

Reply to
neutron

I did that when I fitted a towbar and forgot the boot interior trim operated the boot light switch. It pretty much killed the battery. Admittedly I flattened it twice because the first time I thought it was because I left the door open overnight. It would just about start the car if it was used daily but leave it two days and no chance. Just something to think about if you will be relying on the car for work in the morning.

Reply to
Periproct

The best way to recharge a flat battery is with an external battery charger. After the battery has been charged, it should be tested for latent problems so that you do not get stuck somewhere not being able to restart your engine.

Fo mor information of charging, please see Section 9 in the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on

Kindest regards,

BiLL......

Reply to
Bill Darden