Car buyers. Any recommendations or warnings?

A friend who was recently widowed has a rather nice Alfa 159 sport wagon to dispose of. Would like good price, quick sale and no hassle but appreciates that these are to a degree not all possible.

Are the car buying companies like webuyanycar all much of a muchness? Any companies to avoid or ones that folk have had good experiences with?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You can get a reasonable idea of "market value" by checking Autotrader and eBay. I'd assume posted prices on Autotrader might have a premium of ~ 15% for haggling.

I'd guess that the web sites might be even worse than going to a dealer.

Reply to
newshound

You're a day too late... we've just spent all weekend kicking tyres of utter sheds, a nice 159 would have been snapped up!

But we're buying a Saab 9-3 Aero Cabrio from a mate instead.

Reply to
SteveH