Car experts/enthusiasts wanted to help others (www.oily-rag.com)

Hello

I run a site for people to ask questions about fixing their cars and need enthusiasts/experts to help answer some questions that people have posted that I can't answer myself.

The site is free, ad-free and run by myself as a hobby. Please take a look if you think you can help.

Thanks

Alan

Reply to
alan

And just how is this new wheel you've just invented better than the one you've just posted on?

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

Usenet has been around for years, it works.......

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

The message from snipped-for-privacy@oily-rag.com contains these words:

We already have such a system - in fact, you're using it now to ask questions.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Biggles contains these words:

Ha! The rays!

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Because it'll be *his* wheel...

IF he does get the "experts" he's after, then - in a couple of weeks - there'll be a post looking for punters to ask the "experts" questions...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Oh gawd. It'd be so much easier to point people to a newsreader and tell 'em how to use it. That way they could ask questions about sewing machines and goldfish and gardening and beekeeping and sheds and things and the whole world will be happy and enlightened and a new era of peace adn light will reign leading to an overthrow of outmoded....

Sorry - got a bit carried away there.

Reply to
Guy King

I take your point. By going to the relevant NG I recently discovered that my daughter *will* be able to observe the Oct 3 solar eclipse whilst she's on holiday in Cyprus. Only took a few minutes.

  • If she's up in time of course, which has to be considered marginal.*

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat