Car PA System?

Its my friends birthday soon, and hes into anything for his car atm.

Anything to show off and look tacky at his 'meetings' - where they gather together and show off xeon headlamps, illuminated window washers etc etc.

Anyway, we thought we would get him a Car PA system, something with a Microphone, and perhaps a couple of sounds - sirens, animals etc. Obviously, not for road use, just his meetings.

Seen this on eBay, and can't find much else!

But it seems just like a toy, and I've seen its only 10watts, which will never be heard when they all have their 1.2 engines revving ;o). Still, bit of a novelty for a birthday present. Anyone got any suggestions where / what to get? Dont want to be spending more than £70 really.

Oh, and if your going to flame about it, then please don't bother, its not for me, its what hes into not us.

Thanks very much

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

Oh dear, red rag time I fear.

Reply to
Malc

Buy a old cb rig, lots of them had a pa function, only dont buy one off ebay too many, paying too much on there.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Cribbed unashamedly from a US car makeover show where they took an old beat up rasper of a wreck infested with live rats and packed with rat feaces in nearly all the panel voids. Wiel's disease? Don't be silly.

:((, and, well "Made it Over" by installing a "Juice Bar" in the boot ++. Wouldn't take much more than a supermarket (?) Juicer and an inverter from maplins, + a bit of cheap candy stripe carpet and plastic supermarket cups, + a basket of oranges/ lemons/bananas, with a pineapple on top,

Class...

DG

Reply to
Derek ^