car strtaing probs

hi 2 all,

with the cold weather my Jaguar s type 3.0 is very difficult to start. My very basic question is, how are you supposed to start fuel injection cars?

Do you touch the accelerator, do you press it right down, or do you leave it completely alone?

Thanks in advance, and yes I know I should know lol

Reply to
no hope

The message from "no hope" contains these words:

Read the manual? All those I've read say "Leave the pedal alone", but that's no guarantee yours is the same.

Reply to
Guy King

no hope ( snipped-for-privacy@spamwlfp.fsbusiness.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Just turn the key. Don't touch the pedal. It'll do the rest.

If you press the pedal fully down, that makes many cars not put any fuel in, as it activates a special mode to clear any flooding.

Reply to
Adrian

Does it?

Reply to
gazzafield

Leave the throttle alone generally.

Any other symptoms? Does it start OK when warm? When hot? Does it run OK once started? When was it last serviced?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan