Catalytic converter - scrap value?

In the past I have taken my old catalytic converters and car batteries to the local council dump / recycling centre. Given the current high price of platinum and lead, do these junk items have any scrap value and are scrap dealers interested in buying in small quantities? There have been reports of thieves stealing converters

so they must be worthsomething.

Reply to
gustavfenk

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Cats, definitely. Batteries, I don't think so.

Reply to
Adrian

Lead is worth a lot of money just now. Enough to justify scrappies dealing with the hazardous waste element of batteries...

Reply to
moray

I was offered £60 for an old Land-Rover cat[1] as scrap value a few weeks back, bloke told me that new ones are worth much less due to newer ones using much less of the valuble metals...

[1] Unluckily it wasn't mine to sell :(
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Just replaced two wheelchair batteries for a mate, got £6 each for the old ones.

Reply to
John

Scrap cat's are worth up to £100 and even small ones get £25, people visit me and pay around £2 for scrap batteries.

Reply to
Fred