Cavalier idle mixture adjustment

Hi !

I have a 1990 1.8 Cavalier. I just got it, and it was running well rough at idle.

I have rectified this by a slight turn of the idle mixture screw in an anti-clockwise direction, but I wondered - have I made it leaner or richer by doing this ?

I am used to setting mixtures on minis, where too lean and the exhaust note 'puffs' too rich and it 'hunts'.

Can I use the same rule of thumb here ? I don't have any exhaust gas meters unfortunately...

Many Thanks, Craig

Reply to
craig

you have richened it, if it runs ok then leave it alone till it's next mot

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful